1. What is this document?
2. What information do we process and how?
In order for us to be able to provide you with high-quality services, we need to collect and process information about you. We may do so in the following ways:
- Information you directly give us
- Information we collect from your use of our website
When you use our website, we and service providers acting on our behalf automatically record information that your device or browser sends out (hereinafter “the Log Data”).
The Log Data may include information such as:
- IP address;
- the type of device you are using (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet);
- the type and version of the operating system,
- the type and version of the Internet browser;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- time spent on a page;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature.
We may combine the Log Data with other information we collect or have about you (e.g. with your e-mail address).
Our website is hosted by VSHosting on their servers located in Prague.
- Information collected from cookies
3. Why and how do we use the collected information?
- Informing you about our activities
We use the information you directly give us by subscribing to our newsletter to communicate with you about what we do.
- Informing you about our activities
- Addressing your needs
We use the Log Data and cookies to make your life easier and better tailor the website to your needs.
- Legal compliance and addressing claims
We need to process (store) your information in order to comply with the law, to be able to address your claims (e.g. that we did not meet our commitments) or to prove that we addressed illegal activities of our users.
- Safe, secure and well-functioning website
We use the Log Data to monitor and analyze the use of our website, for its technical administration, to develop and improve its functionality, and to protect it.
4. What is the legal basis for the processing of your personal data?
As can be seen from the previous section, there are several reasons for processing your personal data. These reasons result in the following legal grounds justifying the data processing that we do:
- it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests (e.g. for being able to address your claims or claims of third parties).
5. Whom do we share your personal information with?
Generally, we do not share any personal information with third parties unless you give us prior consent.
We may share your personal information with contractors who assist us in running our website (e.g. providers of infrastructure or IT services such as VSHosting, Mailchimp, HubSpot or Google). If we do so, we share only the information that our contractors need for performing their tasks. All of our contractors are bound by strict confidentiality and are committed to complying with the personal data protection legislation.
We may share your personal information with public authorities when the law requires us to do so. In such cases, we share only the information that we have to and we communicate with the concerned users as soon as allowed.
We may also disclose personal information in order to identify, contact, or bring legal action against a person or entity who may be causing us harm or endangering our interests.
6. How do we protect your data and our website?
Our website is stored in ServerPark data centre by VSHosting, one of the most modern data centres in central Europe (you may find more technical information here). Information related to marketing is stored on servers of Google, Mailchimp and HubSpot. All our providers subscribe to high information security standards.
Your data may be accessed only by those who need to access them for performing their tasks. All our staff and contractors are bound by a duty of strict confidentiality.
7. For how long do we retain your data?
We store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. More specifically:
- If the processing is based on your consent, we delete the data when you withdraw the consent, unless there are reasons to delete them earlier.
- If the processing is necessary for enforcing legal claims or complying with legal regulations, we retain the data for the periods required by the law, for the duration of the prescription periods, or for the duration of the legal proceedings.
- All cookies have their expiration times that you may find for Google Analytics here and for HubSpot here.
8. What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights free of charge (such rights may vary depending on various factors, e.g. on the way how we collected your personal information):
- require information about whether your personal information is retained and access to and/or duplicates of your personal information retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal information is disclosed and where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal information will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- request proper rectification, removal, or restriction of your personal information, e.g. because (i) of the incomplete or inaccurate nature, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn, or (iv) you have taken advantage of an existing right to object to the data processing; in case your personal information is processed by third parties, we will also forward your request for rectification, removal, or restriction to such third parties unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort;
- receive the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal information transmitted directly from us to another controller;
- refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal – withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time;
- not to be subject to any automated decision-making that would have legal effects on you or that could similarly significantly affect you.
You may exercise the rights referred to above or ask any questions or make any complaints regarding the data processing by contacting us. You also have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
9. Contact information